lawyers for commercial law, company law and labour law
„Everything is possible.“
Areas of Law
Comprehensive advice in company law is one of the core competences of our law firm.
We offer advice for all types of commercial companies, in particular
- GmbHs (private limited companies)
- Stock Corporations
During corporate disputes we appear for our clients at shareholder meetings and in court.
We advise the entrepreneur on issues of competition, cartel and antitrust law. We draft or check all types of contracts in German or English. In addition, we support our clients in
M & A transactions, e.g. for the purchase and sale of companies or shareholdings. We appear as attorneys but also as arbitrators in German or International arbitration procedures.
We advise and represent you on all issues of landlord and tenant law as well as commercial rent:
- Drafting of rental agreements/examination of rental agreements
- Warning notice
- Warranties in rental agreements
- Rent increase
- Modernization measures
- Review of additional costs
- Landlord`s lien
We represent either employers or employees in almost every field of individual and collective labour law:
- Drafting/Amending contracts of employment
- Termination agreements
- Dismissal protection proceedings
- Reference, warning notice and remuneration
- Worker participation
- Shop agreements
- Conciliation board proceedings
- Severance scheme and reconciliation of interests
- Insolvency labour law
We advise on all issues of the law of commercial agents and other distribution channels:
- Authorized Dealer
- Consignment Stock
We draft the appropriate agreements and deal with the after-contractual issues:
- Severance Payment
- Non-Competition Clauses
- Waiting Compensation
Our services are not restricted to your representation in court proceedings. They also include mediation and preventive measures:
- Statutory equalizations of pensions
- Custody and right of access
- Marriage contracts and agreements on
ancillary consequential matters of a divorce
- Law of non-marital long-term relationships
- Living wills
- Partition of communities of joint heirs
- Drafting of wills and contracts of inheritance
- Anticipated succession
- Acceptance or disclaimer of an estate
We advise companies, pensioners, directors and tax consultants with regard to companies pension schemes:
- Implementation/warding off reduction of pensions
- Setting up/consulting/reorganization of companies pension schemes
- Restructuring/termination of pension commitments to directors
- Ward off subsequent taxation of a pension commitment
- Claim against pension insurance in the insolvency of the company
Our range of services in the field of insolvency law/restructuring includes receivership and restructuring consultancy but also acting as attorney for either creditors or debtors in insolvency proceedings:
- Acting as (provisional) receiver in insolvency proceedings
- Acting as (provisional) trustee in bankruptcy
- Out of court restructuring
- Shielded restructuring („Chapter 11“)
- Consulting or acting as RCO in restructuring cases
- Drafting and examine insolvency plans
- (Defence against) contestations of the receiver
- Advice to debtors in insolvency proceedings
- Advice to debtors in insolvency proceedings
We advise and represent you in all area of traffic law whether concerning court proceedings, traffic offences or administrative issues:
- Road accidents
- Enforcement/defence of claims for damages and compensation for pain and suffering
- Notices of fines (speeding, alcohol or drug offences etc.)
- Motoring cases
- Withdrawal/recovery of a driving license
- Points in the Central Register of traffic violations in Flensburg
- Order to conduct a medical psychological evaluation
If we do not have the required specialist in our own firm we will find him for you. For this we foster relations to a large number of other lawyers.
Furthermore we cultivate close contacts to proven lawyers in Europe and other important industrial countries. Thus we can also consult and assist our clients in their business abroad.
„We view ourselves as our clients‘ partner who supports
and helps to achieve their business and private aims.
Mutual trust provides the basis for successful cooperation.“
Dr. rer. pol.
Certified specialist lawyer for Commercial and Company Law
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of
Dr. Habel has started practicing law in Frankfurt/Main. During his time in Frankfurt he had also been employed as an in-house lawyer in an industrial group for nine years. Main areas of activity were issues of company law and the law relating to groups of companies and the purchase and sale of companies at home and abroad. Since the law firm was set up in Erfurt in 1991, Dr. Habel has been primarily counselling local companies on all issues of commercial law, including international mercantile law, competition and cartel law.
Languages of correspondence:
- Rotary Club Erfurt
- We for Erfurt e.V.
- Friends of BUGA 2021 Erfurt e.V.
- DIS German Institution for Arbitration
- IBWF Institute for business consulting,
business development and research
Dr. rer. pol. Wolfgang Habel
Certified specialist lawyer for labour law
Marko Harraß was admitted to the bar in 2004. Since 2013 he is certified as specialist lawyer for labour law. In addition he has successfully completed the professional law course in insolvency law 2014. In the course of his professional career, Marko Harraß worked for various business-oriented law firms, as well as insolvency administrator firms. Since 2016 he is appointed as receiver in insolvency proceedings.
The focus of his activities is on:
- Restructuring and reorganisation law
- Labour law
- Restructuring management
- Business transaction law (M&A)
- Law of occupational retirement provision
- Tax Consultant Association Thuringia e.V.
- Thuringian working group for company and insolvency law e.V.
The main concern of attorney Gießler is to apply our theoretical German law to the practical legal questions in daily business and private life.
Karin Gießler’s most effective legal weapon is the creativity. With common sense and know how Karin Gießler brings in line theory and practice and is committed to the concerns of her clients.
Due to her experience Karin Gießler is at home in many areas of the law. Labor law, family law, traffic law or rent law: Karin Gießler advises entrepreneurs and private people at eye level. In addition she drafts company statutes or wills, advices in bankruptcies or in criminal law – engaged to always find the best solution for her clients. And of course she fights for her clients in the court room. In doing so, she can rely on her legal experience of many years in law firms in Weimar, Erfurt, Sondershausen und Pretoria.
Important: Her solutions are practical and legally enforceable. For this, Karin Gießler likes to become creative.
Dr. Valentin Sitzmann
You can reach us at
phone 0361/600 83 - 0
We will proceed with our lectures for entrepreneurs in proven cooperation with BVMW after this years’ summer holidays. All lectures are in German language only.
If this is no problem for you we would like to refer you to the German version of this website where you can get more information in chapter „Aktuelles“.
Förster - Krehahn - Strümpfel Steuerberatungsgesellschaft Partnerschaft mbH
In tax related matters we like to cooperate with fks, a tax consultant company having offices in Erfurt, Leipzig and Gera (www.fks-partner.de).
advoselect is a German-speaking network of European law firms. Its members are law firms all over Germany and in Austria, Bulgaria, Denmark, England, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Hungary and – outside of Europe – Brazil.
Its members specialize in commercial law and mainly consult medium-sized companies (www.advoselect.com).
Torus International Consultants Association
TORUS is a European network of English-speaking lawyers, tax consultants, accountants and business consultants.
Originating from Great Britain it is now also represented in Germany, France, Ireland, Italy, Switzerland and Spain.
Its members mainly consult in business issues but also assist in the purchase of real estate abroad (www.torus.org).
IBWF Institute for Business Consultancy, Business Promotion and Economic Research
The IBWF Institute is the largest network of interdisciplinary consultants for medium-sized companies in Germany.
Its members are about 800 business consultants, lawyers, notaries, tax consultants and accountants obliged to fulfill special criteria regarding education and quality of consultancy (www.ibwf.org).
IBWF is associated with BVMW Federal Association of Medium-Sized Companies (www.bvmw.de).
Kanzlei Dr. Habel & Coll. Rechtsanwälte
Telephone: +49 (0)361/600 83-0
Telefax: +49 (0)361/600 83-91
You can easily reach our offices by public transport:
Tram route 2 – Stop Brühler Garten
Bus route 51 – Stop Alte Oper
Telephone: +49 (0)395/369 67 - 101
Telefax: +49 (0)395/369 67 - 102
Kanzlei Dr. Habel & Coll. Rechtsanwälte
Telephone: + 49 (0)361 600 83-0
Telefax: +49 (0)361 600 83-91
(branch office after § 27 Abs. 2 BRAO)
Telefon: +49 (0)395 369 67-101
Telefax: +49 (0)395 369 67-102
Kanzlei Dr. Habel & Coll. Rechtsanwälte is a group of self-employed lawyers with shared offices (Bürogemeinschaft).
Dr. Wolfgang Habel
Dr. Valentin Sitzmann
Legal title and responsible bar association
The legal titles are „Rechtsanwalt“ (male lawyer) and „Rechtsanwältin“ (female lawyer). The lawyers are admitted under the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany to the Rechtsanwaltskammer Thüringen, Bahnhofstrasse 46, 99084 Erfurt, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Professional liability insurance
Dr. Wolfgang Habel:
ERGO Versicherung AG
Dr. Valentin Sitzmann:
ERGO Versicherung AG
HDI Versicherung AG
ERGO Versicherung AG
The insurance covers the Laws of the Federal Republic of Germany including the Laws of the European Union.
The following professional rules are applicable:
- Bundesrechtsanwaltsordnung (BRAO, Federal Lawyers’ Act)
- Berufsordnung (BORA, Professional Regulations)
- Fachanwaltsordnung (FAO, Specialised Lawyers Code)
- Rechtsanwaltsvergütungsgesetz (RVG, Lawyers Compensation Act)
- Berufsregeln der Rechtsanwälte der Europäischen Union (CCBE, Professional Regulations for Lawyers in the European Community)
- Law Implementing the Directives of the European Community
All professional regulations valid in Germany can be inspected and downloaded via the homepage of Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (www.brak.de).
Conflict of interest
Professional Rules prohibit lawyers to act for conflicting interests
(§ 43a s. 4 BRAO). Before taking over a mandate we therefore always check whether a conflict of interests is given.
Extrajudicial conciliatory proceedings
In disputes between lawyers and their clients it is possible to conduct conciliatory proceedings at Rechtsanwaltskammer Thüringen (§ 73 s. 2 no. 3 i.c.w. § 73 s. 5 BRAO) or at Schlichtungsstelle der Rechtsanwaltschaft c/o Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (§ 191 f. BRAO) to contact in the internet via the homepage of the Bundesrechtsanwaltskammer (www.brak.de),
Concept, layout, programming
Copy rights on pictures
© disq - fotolia.com
© pressfoto - fotolia.com
© magele-picture - fotolia.com
© ah_fotobox - fotolia.com
© pure-life-pictures - fotolia.com
© AA+W - fotolia.com
© Antonioguillem - fotolia.com
© Minerva Studio - fotolia.com
© kzenonpremium - fotolia.com
© Andreas G. Karelias - shutterstock.com
© Lightspring - shutterstock.com
© Pop Paul-Catalin - shutterstock.com
1. Name and contact details of the controller
KANZLEI DR. HABEL & COLL. Rechtsanwälte
Walkmühlstraße 1 a
Telephone: +49 (0)361 600830
Fax: +49 (0)361 6008391
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the type and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you access our www.advohabel.de website, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to our website’s server. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. In the course of this procedure, the following information is collected, without any action of your own, and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access takes place (referrer URL),
- browser used and, where applicable, your computer’s operating system and the name of your access provider.
The indicated data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring the establishment of a smooth connection to the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluating system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. f of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes of data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions concerning your person.
b) When inviting you to our seminars
If you have expressly consented under Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. a of the GDPR, we use your email address to regularly send you invitations to our seminars. The provision of an email address is sufficient in order to receive an invitation.
It is possible to cancel the invitations at any time, for instance, by using the link provided at the end of each invitation. Alternatively, you can also email your cancellation request at any time to email@example.com.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data are not transmitted to third parties for any purposes other than those specified in the following.
We disclose your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have granted your express consent to that under Art. 6 (1), sentence 1. lit. a of the GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary under Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. f of the GDPR for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest warranting protection in the non-disclosure of your data,
- there is a legal obligation to disclose under Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. c of the GDPR, and
- disclosure is permitted by law and necessary for the execution of contractual relations with you under Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. b of the GDPR.
Wir setzen auf unserer Website auf Grundlage des Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO Social Plug-ins der sozialen Netzwerke Facebook, Xing, Anwalt.de und Linkedin ein, um unsere Kanzlei hierüber bekannter zu machen. Der dahinterstehende werbliche Zweck ist als berechtigtes Interesse im Sinne der DSGVO anzusehen. Die Verantwortung für den datenschutzkonformen Betrieb ist durch deren jeweiligen Anbieter zu gewährleisten.
4. Social Media Plug-ins
Based on Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. f of the GDPR, we use social plug-ins of the Facebook, Xing, Anwalt.de and Linkedin social networks on our website to make our law office better known by those means. The underlying promotional purpose must be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The responsibility for operating in conformity with data protection requirements must be borne by their respective providers.
When you visit our website these social plug-ins are deactivated by default. Before you activate them by clicking on them, no data is sent to the respective networks. When you click on one of these social plug-ins, your browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of the respective social networks.
The content of the social plug-in is directly transmitted by the respective social network to your browser and integrated into the website by your browser.
After the activation of a plug-in the respective social network can collect data regardless of whether you interact with the plug-in. If you are logged into a social network, the network can assign your visit on our website to your user account. If you are a member of a social network and do not want that the data collected when visiting our website are associated with your stored membership data, you must log out of the respective social network before activating a plug-in.
We do not have any influence on the type and scope of data collected by the social networks via their plug-ins. Regarding the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of data by the respective social networks as well as your rights in this regard and the configuration options for protecting your privacy, please consult the privacy notices of the respective social networks:
5. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to obtain, pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR, information about your personal data that is being processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to which your data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period of storage, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data if the data has not been collected by us, and the existence of an automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where applicable, meaningful information about the particulars thereof;
- to obtain, pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR, without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data stored by us or to have incomplete personal data completed;
- to obtain, pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR, the erasure of your personal data stored by us, if the processing is no longer necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, on the grounds of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to obtain, pursuant to Art. 18 of the GDPR, the restriction of processing your personal data, if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the data and we no longer need the data but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR;
- to receive, pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR, your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller;
- to withdraw at any time, pursuant to Art. 7 (3) of the GDPR, your consent granted to us. This means that from that time on we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on that consent and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR. As a rule, you can do so with the supervisory authority in your habitual residence or place of work or where our law office is located.
6. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1), sentence 1, lit. f of the GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 of the GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are grounds for doing so relating to your particular situation or the objection relates to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have the general right to object, which is implemented by us without specification of a particular situation.
Your right to withdraw or object may be exercised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Data security
We also apply appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized third-party access. Our security measures are continually improved in keeping up with technological advances.
9. Commissioner for Data Protection
If you have any further questions or reservations concerning data protection you may contact our Commissioner for Data Protection:
Thüringer Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
Dr. Lutz Hasse
Postfach 90 04 55 | 99 107 Erfurt
Häßlerstrasse 8 | 99096 Erfurt
Tel.: 03 61 / 57 311 29 00
Fax: 03 61 / 57 311 29 04